Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m using Pd4ml Pro 3.7.1b4 in java

The product works great for rendering pdfs, but I’ve noticed some quirks with rendering rtfs. I know rtfs are less supported than pdfs, but I’m hoping you could help me figure out this problem and how to get around it.

I’m trying to render html with a large table with ~8000 rows, but it takes far too long. As a test, I generated some basic html tables with rows number 2k, 4k 6k, etc. I found that while the rendered file’s size went up linearly with the number of rows, the length of time it took to complete the render was growing geometrically. That’s not a problem for rendering pdfs — pd4ml can finish an 8000 row document in 15 seconds — but it takes over an hour and half to complete the same document as an rtf. Granted, rtf file sizes also grow 10x faster than pdf file sizes, but rtf render time is vastly outpacing pdf render time.

Is there any way to improve this? Is it an inherent flaw with rtfs or pd4ml, or is there some bug that might be fixed in a future release of pd4ml?

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you please publish the document source and the resulting RTF? Or please send it to support pd4ml com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘HTML/CSS rendering issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.