Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

By using pd4ml, I have converted the html to pdf.

Page orientation used is “Landscape” and paper size used is “LETTER”.

The issue is the right side margin and the content from right side margin for few points are missing. Please refer the attachment.

How to dynamically wrap the content of the document inside the margin without changing the HTML content.

Please suggest for any code snippet that can be used my java class.
    Is it possible to do so ? Please advise.

We are using an application which automatically creates the html, based on the inputs we provide(same as the message body(text area) where we post a reply/query to any forum. for example the same pd4ml support forum page).Which is a standard functionality of that particular application.

we are converting this auto generated html to pdf. So we can only work with the java code for this auto adjustment of the content of pdf document to fit to html width.
    we are facing this right margin and some content from right margin missing issue,specifically when the content of the html includes tables and multi level bulleted list.

Can i auto adjust the table width to automatically adjust according to the html width?
    is there any java code phrase available for,auto page break option, when the text exceeds the html width limit?

The simplest solution is to scale down the content to match the given horizontal space.

It can be done by an increasing of htmlWidth conversion parameter value.

Alternatively you may rotate particular pages from portrait to landscape orientation to win some extra horizontal space.

See http://pd4ml.com/cookbook/pdf_dynamic_format_change.htm

But the recent solution unfortunately does not satisfies your “without changing the HTML content” requirement.

Hi,
    I was having the same issue and used the following to solve it:

pd4ml.setHtmlWidth( 989 );
    pd4ml.adjustHtmlWidth();

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘HTML/CSS rendering issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.