Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a configuration question/issue that I was curious if you could help me out with. I’m currently looking at the latest version of PD4ML 3.85 and experimenting with table breaks.

Issue
    In the attached PDF on pages 12 – 13, if a table is small enough to fit on the next page, but not big enough to fit on the current page then PD4ML moves the entire table to the next page. This leaves a huge blank area sometimes more than half a page long.

Why is this? Maybe its a configuration setting. I currently am using enableSmartTableBreaks and have TR, TABLE {page-break-inside: avoid;} in my HTML CSS. Is there any settings I could adjust?

I’ve tried turning off Smart Table Breaks, but then it splits right in the middle of rows/cells and looks very ugly.

I’m using the Java version. Here is my configuration on the Java Side:
    PD4ML html = new PD4ML();
    html.setPageSize(PD4Constants.LETTER);
    html.setPageInsets(new Insets(25,25,25,25));
    html.enableImgSplit(false);
    html.setHtmlWidth(1024);
    html.enableSmartTableBreaks(true);
    html.setPageSize(html.changePageOrientation(PD4Constants.LETTER));
    html.generateOutlines(true);

Where it is correct
    You will notice on pages 4-6 if a table is to large to fit on the next page alone then it moves the entire table up to where it should be a breaks it appropriately.

Finally, on page 9, if the table can fit on the proper page then it is placed appropriately as well.

Thank for all the help anyone can offer.
    Matt

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.