Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have been experiencing a BSOD crash in Windows 7 using the PD4ML trial (version 370) . I am am getting the crash in calls to PD4ML.render() when passing HTML through StringReader.

I cannot find a way to reliably reproduce the crash as it may or may not crash given the same HTML input. Sometimes rather than crashing, my computer stalls for a couple of minutes before the PD4ML.render() function returns.

Any help would be appreciated.

Crash details:
    Problem signature:<br /> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen<br /> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48<br /> Locale ID: 1033<br /> <br /> Additional information about the problem:<br /> BCCode: 7a<br /> BCP1: FFFFF6FC400490A0<br /> BCP2: FFFFFFFFC0000185<br /> BCP3: 0000000106F0ABE0<br /> BCP4: FFFFF88009214000<br /> OS Version: 6_1_7600<br /> Service Pack: 0_0<br /> Product: 256_1

Thank you

PD4ML is 100% Java application and according to Java concept there is no direct way for a Java application to crash hosting OS. On the other hand it may implicitly trigger some bugs of JVM, etc.

HTML rendering (the first phase of conversion procedure) is a resource consuming task. When it utilizes peak amounts, it may expose hidden OS/JVM installation/configuration problems. So I would analyze the following:
    1. JVM tries to allocate an amount of memory, which exceeds the available. Please check if -XmxNNNm JVM command line parameter defines a value, which is not greater than physical amount of RAM
    2. Hardware drivers incompatibility
    3. Physical hardware defects

But as a first step I would recommend to upgrade JDK/JRE to the most recent version available for your platform

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.