Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I am trying to use the page.brake tag property ifSpaceBelowLessThan and it’s not working. The tag will break no matter what. Here is an example code.

TEST of PDF Abilities

THis is a repeating table
    [/color]

In earlier versions of PD4ML any tag between and

(not belongs to a particular table row) was ignored. But with PD4ML actual versions it should work.

By the way: why do not you use TR { page-break-inside: avoid } CSS style to achieve identical result?

Well the actual problem is that I’m am using this on a dynamic jsp form. I will not know how long or short the form will be. So I wanted to basically say to page brake when there is only 100 px left on the current pdf page. This form I a combination of tables and text.

Actually in your sample you specified 1000px instead of 100px, which is quite a lot for a typical HTML document.

Yeah I have tried adjusting from 0px to 1000px and there is never any change it always just brakes on where ever I place the page.break tag regardless. I just finished downloading the newest version and dropped the .jar and .tld and no change.

Which PD4ML version do you use? You may see that in document properties of a generated PDF file.

I downloaded the current pd4ml pro version (‘pd4ml.pro.trial.360’). When I look at the pdf document properties it says it’s version 1.4. I’m not sure if thats my finder version or the pd4ml version.

PS: If I can get this working my boss will buy the real deal.

Hmm… With v360 it should work.

> Well the actual problem is that I’m am using this on a dynamic jsp form.
    > I will not know how long or short the form will be. So I wanted to basically
    > say to page brake when there is only 100 px left on the current pdf page.

That means the form is followed by a content portion, which you would not like to “pagebreak”. I would still recommend to use CSS approach and to enclose such sensitive content parts into

and .

If for some reason it is not acceptable, please add enable=”false” attribute to tag – it should return your JSP output as HTML – and send the HTML to support pd4ml com or attach to a post in the topic.

I tried it outside of a table and that works. I guess I’ll just use style=”page-break-inside: avoid” for the tables and for every thing else I’ll use page.break. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.