Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Our company has a license for this product which was evaluated by someone else who has since left, so I am having to learn from scratch.

The way we present web pages is they are coded in XHTML with other proprietary code that goes through a pre-processor before it is rendered to the screen.

I am trying to understand how to incorporate page breaks into our code. I am assuming that if I add the following:

(or ?)

to my html code, that when the pdf is generated, a page break will be implemented at that line in the code.

So far, I haven’t had any luck, because unfortunately, if I use the tag as above, our processor declares it as invalid and will not render the screen at all.

So, my first question: Am I correct in my assumption that in order to add a page break to my pdf, I only need to add the page break tag to the html?
    (see below for a larger example of how we are using it.)

My second question is: Which form of the tag is correct? I have seen the one with and without the slash used in different examples.

sample html usage:
    Here is some text on one page…

…and this text will begin at the top of the following page

The main PD4ML page break tag is , however there are environments where the tag syntax may be reported as an error.

• Some JSP containers do not allow dots in the tag name, so PD4ML JSP taglib includes the tag synonym . But take into account: the tag works only in JSP.
    • In XHTML and XSL world “pd4ml” namespace may cause validation problems. For the case later we introduced yet another tag synonym

Also CSS offers some ways to break page. For example: page-break-before: always applied to a block element (

etc)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, using also causes our processor to barf. I’ve got a workaround in the Java code, but I would have preferred not to have to go that route. But, at least it works.

Thanks again.

Well, XHTML tries to close tags. Try

Yup tried that and a few other permutations…didn’t work, but thanks again.

I dint get one point in above query , if you wantto export data to PDF , why do you wantt o render it as HTML(or any other presentation file you are using).

Just put your HTML code generated in a StringBuffer and pass it to render() method of PD4ML class. The BYTEOUTPUTARRAYSTREAM recieved from this method can be passed to OUTPUTSTREAM and your PDF will be downloaded.

@tpdietz wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, using also causes our processor to barf. I’ve got a workaround in the Java code, but I would have preferred not to have to go that route. But, at least it works.

Thanks again.

Will you able to share the java code that fixed your issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions / FAQ’ is closed to new topics and replies.