Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We are generating large PDFs from a selection of web pages on our site. The resulting PDF files are quite large, around 60 MB. Using the Acrobat PDF Optimizer (http://tv.adobe.com/watch/acrobat-x-tips-tricks/how-to-optimize-your-pdf-file/) shrinks the files down to around 2 MB.

It seems that PD4ML is not very economical when creating the PDF, but perhaps there are some settings that we can use to make it better?

Please advice on how to use PD4ML to create PDFs that are more reasonably sized.

Cheers, Jon

Since one of the recent versions, there is a bug in our code. In some situations it does not compress image bytes. Most probably you faced with the effect.

The issue is already solved and we are almost ready to release an updated version. Currently the new build is under QA. If everything is ok, we’ll release the version later today.

Thanks. That was fast!

So there is nothing that we need to think about in order to produce a smaller PDF? We’ll just update to the next version and we should be good to go?

Regards, Jon

right.

@PD4ML wrote:

The issue is already solved and we are almost ready to release an updated version. Currently the new build is under QA. If everything is ok, we’ll release the version later today.

I guess the fix for this has not been released yet, any new information on when it will be available?

Thanks, Jon

The recent changes of the absolute positioning logic still cannot pass QA. We’ve been working on it. I’ll post here a brief notice, when the version is available.

Until the new version is released, we would like to try downgrading to make sure that we actually can generate a smaller PDF. Can you suggest which version we should downgrade to?

Thanks, Jon

I found the 3.8.0fx3 release on the download page and we’ve seen great improvements in PDF file size in our initial tests with this new version. Case closed, I guess.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General questions / FAQ’ is closed to new topics and replies.