PD4ML v4 Forums PD4ML v3 Archived Forums (Read Only) Troubleshooting Extended arabic char not rendering correctly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #26728

    With TTF Embedding, I have managed to produce PDF document wtih Arabic font from default fonts.jar at http://pd4ml.com/i/easyfonts/fonts.jar

    I am using Arial as my standard font however I found out that Extended Arabic characters like ڠ or ڠ did not render correctly in PDF.

    For example the word:

    دڠن

    appears as individual char and not connected like the following:

    دڠ ن

    Please verify and hopefully shed some light as to why it behave in such manner.

    #29004

    Can anyone help me out here..? I have been trying with different font as well but none works so far.

    #29005

    To build correct “character chains” PD4ML currently utilizes Arabic ligaturizer, ported from a reference C implementation from IBM (I believe). To be honest we are not 100% sure how it works, as nobody from our team understands Arabic scripting. We’ll try to find an updated version of the ligaturizer – hopefully it exists. If not, it is going to be a challenge to update the current one.

    #29006

    Thanks for the reply.

    The PDF is correct for standard arabic characters but I desperately need a solution for the extended chars. I’m hoping this can be made possible for I am very much satisfied with PD4ML so far.

    Please provide the updates the soonest possible.. It would save me a lot of time and tremendous effort if I can continue using PD4ML

    #29007

    Has there been any update on the said ligaturizer? I wouldn’t mind having a look at it if you guys allow me too. Just as long as it solve the issue here…

    #29008

    Unfortunately we have no solution for the time being.
    In the meantime we estimated a possibility to port Fribidi library to Java, which should be able to work with extended arabic. However the first working prototype just worked wrongly with our tests.

    It seems the only possible solution is to patch our current ligaturizer, as a porting of Fribidi appears as a new bunch of problems. If you’d like to contribute, please contact support pd4ml com. We’ll send you the classes and some our comments what needs to be done. It looks like a table with isolated, final, initial and medial glyph shape references needs to be extended with new chars. Without a knowledge of Arabic scripting it does not seem to be an easy task.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.