• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

We are in the process of migrating from pd4ml v3 to pd4ml v4. However we want to be able to generate pdf using the codes of both versions so as not to break the functionality used to date with v3.

However we have a problem with the generation of pdf v3. After updating our pom.xml to 4.0.7. We notice that demo banners appear on code using v3. While pdf using v4 does not display demo banners.

How can the license be activated on the v3 code ?

Do you mean “PD4ML v3 compatibility API of PD4ML v4”?

If yes, I would recommend to try v4.0.8, or even better v4.0.9 snapshot. v4.0.9 release is expected the next week.

Do you mean “PD4ML v3 compatibility API of PD4ML v4”?

If yes, I would recommend to try v4.0.8, or even better v4.0.9 snapshot. v4.0.9 release is expected the next week.

I use v4.0.7 and for v3 code using package “org.zefer.pd4ml.PD4ML” for compatibilty.

Are you talking about that for v3 compatibility?

Right. org.zefer.pd4ml.PD4ML are wrapper classes are included to v4 JAR to translate the older calls to the new API.

Older v4 builds had troubles to find/read pd4ml.lic in some environments – obviously you faced with the problem.

Try the newest JAR to see if it solves the problem or not.

If you do not use pd4ml.lic and pass the license number string via PD4ML v4 API call, you may still access the API even from org.zefer.pd4ml.PD4ML. There is a public field PD4ML.pd4mlNew – a reference to its wrapped com.pd4ml.PD4ML instance

Ok thanks for the info I will try this.

I am using 4.0.9-SNAPSHOT but I have the same issue. Where would store the pd4ml.lic ? I have store the .lic in my ressource classpath but I have same issue and pd4ml instance still in demo mode.

It is possible to store the .lic file to the classpath root, however there could be some not obvious issues (i.e. .lic file is loaded by different class loader than used by the PD4ML classes).

As the first step try to save .lic file to the work dir of your application, point to the .lic file location with applyLicense() API call ( https://pd4ml.tech/javadoc/com/pd4ml/PD4ML.html#applyLicense-java.lang.String- ) and enable diagnostics output (pd4ml.setLogLevel(255)).

If the demo banner has gone, remove the applyLicense() call: the work dir is a location, where it tries to find the file by default.

If the banner is still there, inspect the diagnostics output for possible issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.