PD4ML v4 Forums PD4ML v3 Archived Forums (Read Only) Troubleshooting pd4ml in a .jspx file used with success – up to a point …. Re: Re: pd4ml in a .jspx file used with success – up to a point ….

#28757

Ok, done that.

.jspx files always put the xml version line and the doctype declaration, right at the top, followed by new lines.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><br /> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-strict.dtd"><br /> <root>…..
once the element begins there are no white spaces.

You can remove the top xml declaration by including this in the .jspx file
<jsp:output omit-xml-declaration="yes" />
and I can remove the doctype declaration if I want to by excluding this line from the code:
<jsp:output doctype-root-element="HTML" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-strict.dtd"/>

which I did, even though obviously these days a doc-type declaration is important.

Doing that I have source without any white spaces before the transform tag.
But it still doesn’t work if I put enabled=”false”.

Please also bear in mind that with enabled=”true” and without omitting the doc-type or any other attempted hack, it produces perfect .pdfs. The only problem is enabled=”false”.

But for me the enabled true/false functionality would be fundamental.
Thanks for your help and time.