Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have generated 50 pages of pdf using pd4ml. It took around 30 seconds for generating the pdf. Any suggestions for improvements:

We are using following tags:

An HTML->PDF conversion procedure may be logically split to 3 phases:

1. document parsing and external resources (image, CSS) loading.
    2. document layouting/redndering
    3. PDF output

PDF pages output is swift procedure, which takes, as a rule, not more than 5-10% of the entire conversion time.

Parsing is also relatively fast, but loading of external resources may take some significant time due to network delays. To detect them, you may use the current debug mode. It dumps to STDOUT/server log as soon as a particular resource has been loaded.

The most resource consuming phase is HTML layouting/rendering. It depends on the document size and structure. For example, table layouting is done in three passes (min, max, optimal width). That means any nested table is layouted 9 passes, next nesting level – 27 passes and so on. Even if we added a detailed debug output for the phase, it will lead you to quite obvious discoveries: source document huge in size -> long conversion time; source document has multiple levels of table nesting -> long conversion time…

Thanks for your reply.
    I started analyzing with yourkit tool. I will keep posting my response.

-Sundar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General questions / FAQ’ is closed to new topics and replies.