Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’ve been troubleshooting a problem with a document that was made in MS Word and then exported to HTML. I know it’s impossible to know for sure what will come out of programs that proclaim to do HTML exports, but I narrowed this particular problem down to something simple.

I have a div:
    <br /> <div style="border:3px solid green;background-color:#3C71A5;padding:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt !msorm; height:.7in"><br /> <p align="center" style="margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;line-height:normal"><br /> <b><br /> <span style="font-size:9.0pt;color:red">Filing & Date</span><br /> </b><br /> </p><br /> </div><br />

pd4ml does not render the green border or the blue background. When you remove the !msorm declaration, it does get rendered. Browsers don’t choke on it at all, and will render it the same regardless of the msorm declaration. The “simple” problem would be to just remove the msorm declaration, but our team doesn’t have control over the document production, and finding this String in the html and stripping it out isn’t exactly the cleanest solution.

Testing Environment:
    PD4ML 3.8.0fx9 pro – Java
    Windows 7 / Linux 2.6.18-238.1.1.el5
    No special Options, just new PD4ML().render

In the case you hit a limitation of open-source CSS Parser project, which does not forgive such type of syntax errors.

We could produce a special patched version of the CSS parser for you, which ignores the directive, but without an inclusion of the patch to the main development branch of PD4ML. (An inclusion would require a port of the changes to .NET and it is not that trivial for JavaCC auto-generated stuff)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘HTML/CSS rendering issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.